15 Promises of the Rosary
Why the 15 Promises?
The 15 promises of the Rosary are additional graces that are available to those who pray the Rosary. She has made it clear through the 15 promises, she is giving additional graces to those who faithfully pray the Rosary and take their prayer life seriously. I know of very few people who cannot make time for Our Lady to do as she asks of us, especially Catholics. The rewards can be very great. I have experienced some of the 15 promises and the rewards are great, indeed.
The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic (August 8, 1170 – August 6, 1221) and to all who follow that “Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted.” She left for all Christians 15 Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary. These are important to know as we can sometimes tell which ones we have already been granted.
My Experience with the 15 promises of the Rosary
After I had been praying the Rosary for a few years, I printed these out just to have them for future reference. I began to scan them and to my astonishment realized that some of them had already been granted to me. That sent a strong signal to me that I was on the right track in my spiritual life and that Our Lady was paying attention to my activities.
A deeper explanation of each promise is available here.
15 Promises of the Rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
I found this video on 2020-02-17 on the Infallible Promises of the Rosary. Its a must watch because it explains the 15 promises of the Rosary very, very well.